Specialists in the direction of “Applied mathematics” are professionals in the branch of using mathematical knowledge and computer technology for solving different practical tasks in complex systems of different nature. Applied mathematician is an expert, which can change substantive sence of particular problem into language of mathematical ratios, find effective solution of mathematical problem, interprete in terms of actual subject area, and develop it to final realization. Methodological instruments of applied mathematician are the theoretical mathods of analysis and synthesis of systems. Knowledge of those methods is obtained through deep learning by students of the methods of mathematical and computer modelling, investigation of operations and system analysis, optimization, optimal administration and theory of taking decisions, theory of games, theory of information and coding, theory of risks and reliability, theory of nonlinear dynamic systems and others.
Findamental training of applied mathematician is achieved through mastering of classical mathematical sections such as mathematical and discrete analysis, mathematical logic and theory of algorithms, differential equations, theory of function of complex variables, functional analysis, theory of probabilities, random processes and mathematical statistics. The apparatus of classical mechanics is tested by time. It transformed into everyday tool of research on only in science (physics, astronomy, biology, ecology), technics (information technologies, informational security and cryptography, engineering directions), but also in economics, financial sphere, insuring, management, sociology, state administration, business. The majority of prominent scientists, designers, economists, experts in direction of social research think, that further advancement of their directions is indissolubly linked with broad and sanguitenous use of modern mathematical methods.
Everyday working tools set of applied mathematician are modern computer equipment and appropriate programme tools. Exactly deep knowledge and experiences in this direction fulfill today the high inquiering and competitiveness at labour market of experts in applied mathematics. The students of IPT obtain a broad variety of disciplines, linked with computational technics and programming: algorithms and data systems, algorithmic languages С++, Java and Python, architecture of computers and assembler language, system programming, oject-oriented programming, operational systems, data bases and data analysis, specialized programme tools, computer graphics, parallel and divided computations, computer networks and network technologies, verification programs and methods of testing, object-oriented analysis and projecting, artificial intellect, formal methods of specification of programmes and others.
Students learn to work in several operating systems and use several programming languages. The big attention is given to the use of supercomputers and supercomputer technologies in modelling, divided and cloud computations.
Mathematical methods of computer modelling
development and use of models and methods of applied mathematics for:
– solving problems of modelling complex systems, analytics of big data and machine learning,
– administration of knowledge and innovations, informational, social, organizational and cognitive technologies, tools of it’s convergence, needs of postindustrial industry,
– support of decision making in long-term branches of modern economics: nanotechnologies, energy conservation and protection of surrounding environment, exploration of useful minerals and so on.
Existing directions of graduate`s job placement:
– state structures of different trend;
– research structures of corporative segment;
– enterprises in branch of informational technologies;
– postindustrial manufactures (intellect-capacious product, added cost in account of intellects);
– subdivisions in safety of competitive development of enterprizes and organizations;
– virtual organizations in World net;